Virtual Connection Setup
Our virtual setup is a very stable and simple to use application called Zoom. If you are familiar with Skype, the hardware requirements are similar:
- A computer or laptop with a high speed connection (Ethernet recommended)
- A webcam (built in to most laptops)
- Speakers (built in to most laptops)
- A microphone (built in to most laptops)
- For optimal sound quality, we recommend a USB microphone headset
SETTING UP ZOOM
- Download Zoom by going to www.zoom.us/download
- Install Zoom using the ZoomInstaller you just downloaded by clicking it and going through the installation process
- Zoom will now be installed in your Applications folder and there should be a link on your desktop.
- When it is time for you to join a meeting, run Zoom and click the JOIN MEETING button. Insert the Meeting ID that was provided to you. If you do not have your meeting ID, contact your professor.
- Though not usually necessary, if you wish test the Zoom application prior to the meeting follow the same instructions. When initiated, you will see your webcam image on your screen – this indicates that Zoom is properly working on your computer. The mic and video buttons to mute/unmute are located on the bottom left.
If you are having trouble downloading or installing Zoom, please contact Danny, our tech assistant, prior to the meeting at 902-585-1682 or 902-690-5054 (cell). To learn more about Zoom, please visit the Zoom Support pages.
**note: Though not ideal, in extenuating circumstances you can also connect to the Zoom meeting with Android and iOS devices by using the free Zoom app.