You are invited to submit for consideration names of those individuals worthy of an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree.
Honorary Doctorate Guidelines
An Honorary Doctorate is an honour bestowed by the University and is intended to recognize individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the academy and/or society and whose accomplishments, leadership, and/or community service are deemed to be extraordinary and thus worthy of honoris causa.
Criteria & Conditions of Eligibility
Acadia University seeks to honour individuals whose contributions or accomplishments are exceptional and reflect an appropriate standard of excellence, consistent with the values and the spirit of the University. The criteria to be considered include:
- Recognition as exceptional scholars or leaders in their field.
- A demonstrated commitment to Higher Education.
- Individuals who are known for their humanitarian leadership.
- A significant contribution to the local region.
- Exceptional service to the University.
Nominations for an Honorary Doctorate will not normally be considered for an individual who is currently:
- a member of federal parliament or provincial legislatures
- a member of the Board of Governors
- a member of the University faculty and staff
1. Nomination materials should include:
- a letter of nomination from the nominator
- a brief statement (one-page maximum) explaining why the candidate is worthy of an Honorary Doctorate from Acadia University
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae of the nominee
2. Nominations are to be received at the Office of the President of Acadia Divinity College by October 31, 2016.
Executive Assistant to the President
ACADIA DIVINITY COLLEGE
15 University Avenue
Wolfville NS B4P 2R6
All nominations will be reviewed, and the Senate of Acadia Divinity College will recommend a nominee to the Acadia University Awards Committee.