Acadia Divinity College (ADC) seeks a full-time organized, energetic, and outgoing individual to serve as Manager of Recruitment and Admissions.
Working closely with the Director of Advancement, the Registrar, and the Admissions Committee, the incumbent will:
- Develop and execute an overall plan for recruitment of prospective students, including,
- Engage denominational and para-church agencies, faculty, and other areas of the College.
- Create and implement innovative events and materials
- Actively recruit prospective students to the various degree, diploma, and certificate programs. The incumbent will be the primary contact for all prospective students.
- Guide prospective students through the entire application process, including,
- Manage prospective student information, applications, and official correspondence.
- Consult with the Registrar, Academic Dean, and Directors of Academic Programs as needed
- Prepare and lead the Admissions Committee to make admission decisions.
- Communicate the admission decision to each prospective student.
- Send letters of acceptance to new students and transition them to the Registrar for course registration.
The candidate must:
- have a passion for the Church and its mission locally and globally.
- a bachelor-level degree or higher.
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- possess excellent administrative skills with demonstrated effectiveness in organizing and prioritizing their work.
- understand academic systems.
- be proficient in MS Office applications.
- be available for travel, including some weekends.
- be able to enthusiastically endorse and personally support the mission and affirm the theological position of the College.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- experience working in post-secondary education.
- proven experience in recruitment and/or admissions.
- experience with enrolment management software, social media, and other digital communication platforms.
- experience in local church or para-church ministry.
- theological education.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2017
Term: An initial term ending June 30, 2022. Additional terms may be renewed based on an employment review process.
Qualified candidates wishing to be considered for this position should apply through Career Beacon, sending:
- Cover letter
- Names of three references (including contact information)
Review of applications will begin August 28, 2017.
Acadia Divinity College is an evangelical seminary located on the campus of Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada, offering Bachelor of Theology, Master of Divinity, Master of Arts (Theology), and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Courses are taught on the main campus as well as at extension sites in Metro Halifax, New Brunswick and online. Acadia Divinity College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada. It is an accredited seminary of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. The College is certified by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
We thank all applicants in advance, and advise that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The College reserves the right not to fill this position.
To view the full posting, or to apply for this position please go to Career Beacon.